Other Violations of Code of Ethics
(negligence of duty, careless management and control, act of arrogation, dignity maintenance, etc.)
- 1. Employees must meet their principle duties as virtuous people in charge of their responsibilities of position and duties and must at all times refrain from causing loss to company or damaging the honor of company by violating above.
- 2. Employees must keep the honor of the company as LG employees even during their personal and private lives by putting forward their words, behaviors and conducts.
1. Basic Principles
- (1) Employees must meet their principle duties as virtuous people in charge of their responsibilities of position and duties and must at all times refrain from causing loss to company or damaging the honor of company by violating above.
- (2) Employees must keep the honor of the company as LG employees even during their personal and private lives by putting forward their words, behaviors and conducts.
Basic forms of personal behaviors in violation of code of conducts are as follows :
- - Negligence of Duty
- - Careless Management and Control
- - Act of Arrogation
- - Damage in Dignity
2. Guidelines for Procedures
(1) Negligence of Duty: Employees must not cause any loss to company or damage the honor of company by not executing entrusted responsibilities as written in regulations for positions/duties (or responsibilities received upon orders to execute duties).
- - Employees must sincerely execute duties with a sense of duty entrusted to individuals in accordance with company policies.
- - Employees must understand and observe company regulations and systems in relation to duties.
- - Employees must share information and actively cooperative among superiors and subordinates, associates and between departments to complete given duties.
(2) Careless Management and Control: Managers responsible for execution of duties must not cause any loss to company or damage the dignity of the company by not fulfilling their principle duties.
- - Employees must be responsible for the execution of entrusted duties of their positions.
- - Employees must foresee in advance and pay constant attention to possible danger that may occur during the execution of duties and must possess a sense of responsibility for the problems.
- - Especially, managers must fulfill duties of managing and supervising their subordinates.
(3) Act of Arrogation: Employees must not cause any loss to the company or damage the dignity of the company by doing wrongful acts through abuse of their status or positions/duties.
- - High ranking superiors must not order their subordinates to execute inappropriate duties that are not related to business affairs.
- - Employees must not act at their individual discretion and make decisions against company regulations and must not deliver official promises beyond the scope of their position and responsibilities.
- - Moreover, employees must not order or demand the following from interested parties whom the employees could influence with their superior positions in business affairs :
- Hinting or requesting support for internal events within departments
- Receiving transportation along with various conveniences by making unnecessary notification of field visits
- Demanding employees of business partners to organize documents or data which need to be done by departments
- Making regulations at their individual discretion and demanding such regulations to be observed for personal conveniences
- Violent language and immoral statements against the employees of business partners
- Passing on duties or expenses occurring within own departments to business partners based on customs
(4) Damage in Dignity: Employees must preserve dignity and honor shown outwardly based on morality and integrity as employees of LG who represent the company and must refrain from conducting deeds in violation to such.
- - Employees must never affect the execution of duties or lose company's honor through their disordered private lives.
- - Employees must observe law and company's employment policies and must never damage company's honor through their personal unfair deeds which are not acceptable by social customs.